We are beginning preparations for another excellent weekend showcasing the creativity of Island Artists. North Hero Community Hall is booked. Our featured artist this year is Connie Cassevaugh; her oil painting artistry will be featured on our posters, ads, and postcards. You can print your 2017 application for continuing membership in CIAO by clicking here. Feel free to copy for any new island artists who wish to join.
Below you will find the important dates to remember:
Monday, June 19: Deadline for 2017 membership applications. Download here. Mail completed application and $25 check to CIAO – Membership, PO Box 16, South Hero VT 05486. New members, contact Linda James at 372-5855 to set time and date for jurying artwork.
Saturday, July 1: Send a new or updated artist statement and new photos for your CIAO website to Patti Malone at email@example.com .
Saturday, June 24: Jury deadline for new members. Call Linda James 372-5855 for an appointment.
Before Saturday, July 8: Send information for Exhibit Labels to Patti at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include title of work, artist’s name, medium, and price.
Wednesday, July 19, 9 am – noon: Committee only – set up display walls, tables, etc.
Wednesday, July 19, 10 am – noon: Artisans set up their own exhibits.
Thursday, July 20, 9 am – noon: Deliver to the North Hero Community Hall
- your art, wired for hanging, with Receiving Labels attached to the back of each piece.
- portfolio with two copies listing the title and price for each portfolio work.
- packaged card sets – minimum price $10
- one or more flower arrangements in vases.
Please note: Your art MUST be wired.
You can also sign up to help with the show at this time.
Make sure your artist’s statement is up to date. Bring any new statements to Receiving and we will add them to the display notebook.
Friday, July 21, before 4 pm: Deliver food for reception. Please, finger foods only. We love fresh veggies, fruits, cheese, and other savories. Then stick around for the Artists Reception.
Sunday, July 23, 5 pm – 6 pm: Pick up your unsold art; take down of display walls and signage.
Join or renew your 2017 membership for $25. This $25.00 membership fee entitles you to:
- receive e-mail updates of CIAO activities.
- register to exhibit in the annual show — up to 5 framed works of art.. At least 3 of the 5 must be priced to sell…10% goes to CIAO, 90% to the artist.
- include a portfolio of unframed (matted is OK) art in the sale.
- be listed on our CIAO website and to have a personal artist page showing your works and describing yourself, or to be linked from ciaovt.org to your existing website. Please notify Patti Malone at email@example.com of any changes or additions to your page as soon as possible.
New artists need to contact Linda James (802-372-58 55) before Saturday, June 25, as all new work must be juried to be in the show. Remember you must be at least a part time resident of the Islands to qualify.
All members are expected to help us make this show a success, either before, during, or after the show. Please sign up and let us know how and when you can help.
1. Fill out application form.
2. Make membership check for $25 payable to CIAO and mail to:
Champlain Island Artists’ Organization (CIAO) – Membership
Post Office Box 16
South Hero, VT 05486.
VOLUNTEER! Let us know if you can do any of the following during the show:
• Put up signs along Route 2 on Friday and take them down on Sunday.
• Bring any extra tables, walls, easels, fans, and flowers on Thursday.
• Bring finger food for the reception prior to 4 pm on Friday.
• Sit at the greeting table. You can pick up your time slot on Thursday when you bring in your work.
• Do a ½ hour demonstration of your technique, process, or medium on Saturday or Sunday. Contact Anza at 372-8956 if you want to do a demonstration of your artwork.
Members who register for the show will receive a second mailing with additional details.
Please join us. We can always use volunteers on a number of committees. We are looking forward to seeing everybody’s work at the show in July.
If you have any questions, contact one of the directors:
Patti Malone – firstname.lastname@example.org, 372-5741
Heidi Chamberlain – email@example.com, 372-3346
Susan Stokes – firstname.lastname@example.org, 796-3882
Sarah Rosedahl – email@example.com
Judy Tiplady – firstname.lastname@example.org, 343-3255
Jim Yolda – email@example.com, 540-219-6390
Biffie Gallant – firstname.lastname@example.org, 343-7118
CIAO E-mail contact is email@example.com